This article will explore the common XPS Error and its association with the xpsrchvw.exe process.
What is xpsrchvw.exe and How Does it Work?
Xpsrchvw.exe is a process that runs on the Windows Operating System, specifically for the XPS Viewer. This program allows users to view XPS files, which are similar to PDFs but created by Microsoft. When you open an XPS file, the xpsrchvw.exe process is initiated to handle the file view. It scans the file and stores it in a database, allowing for quick retrieval when opened again. This process is essential to the XPS viewer’s functionality.
If you encounter issues with the XPS Viewer, such as an error message, you can check if xpsrchvw.exe is running in the Task Manager. If not, you can try restarting the program or running it through the Command Prompt. Additionally, you can try reinstalling the XPS Viewer from Apps and Features in the Settings menu. It’s important to note that there are multiple variants of the xpsrchvw.exe file, and some may be a threat to your system. Always check the file details and user reviews before running any file on your device.
Is xpsrchvw.exe Safe to Use?
Xpsrchvw.exe is a system file that runs on Windows Operating System. It is a part of the XPS Viewer feature that allows users to view, print, and copy XPS files. This file is safe to use and is not a threat to your computer. However, some file variants with the same name may potentially harm your device. To check if the file is genuine, you can use the Task Manager to view its file details and company information. Additionally, you can run a security check on the file or use a trusted antivirus program to scan your computer. If you encounter an error message related to xpsrchvw.exe, try resetting the XPS Viewer app or using the Command Prompt to repair the feature.
Common Errors Associated with xpsrchvw.exe and How to Fix Them
- Run a malware scan
- Install a reputable anti-virus software
- Run a full system scan
- Remove any detected malware or viruses
- Update or reinstall the program associated with xpsrchvw.exe
- Identify the program associated with xpsrchvw.exe
- Visit the program’s official website and download the latest version
- Uninstall the old version and install the new version
- Disable xpsrchvw.exe from running at startup
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Click on the Startup tab
- Find xpsrchvw.exe and disable it
- Repair or reinstall Windows
- Back up all important files and data
- Insert the Windows installation disc or USB drive
- Follow the on-screen prompts to repair or reinstall Windows
How to Repair or Remove xpsrchvw.exe if Needed
To repair or remove xpsrchvw.exe, follow these steps on Windows 10:
1. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
2. Locate xpsrchvw.exe under the Processes tab.
3. Right-click on it and select Open file location.
4. If it’s located in the Windows\System32 folder, it’s a system file and shouldn’t be removed. If it’s located elsewhere, it could be malware.
5. Run a security check using your antivirus software.
6. If it’s a legitimate file causing issues, try repairing it by running the System File Checker tool:
a. Open Command Prompt as administrator.
b. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
7. If the file is still causing problems, remove it by deleting it from the file location or using a malware removal tool.
Note: xpsrchvw.exe is associated with XPS Viewer from Apps and Features in Windows 10 and is used to index XPS documents for faster search. Removing it may affect the capability to print or view XPS files. Always back up files before making changes and check user reviews or ratings before downloading any apps or files from unknown sources.